Thursday, June 19, 2008

Thanks to Y'all; Cotton Mouth Is Going To Netroots Nation

Last month I asked for y'all's help to get to progressive blogging's top conference.

Yesterday they announced the results as was reported by Jake and I was one of the folks selected for a scholarship thanks to my profile and your robust help.

When I sent out my request for help and votes I said this: "It would cover most of my expenses and ensure a Mississippi progressive voice at the conference.

Last year (with help from donors including some of y'all) I was able to go and was the ONLY Mississippi blogger there."

There's one more thing you can do for me if you're willing to help.

I'm going on a weeklong tour of graduate schools the week before Netroots Nation and that will start at Emory in Atlanta and end at Southern Methodist University in Dallas the day before the convention.

You can donate to help pay for my gas to get there at Cotton Mouth by clicking the "Make a Donation" link in the right column or by donating HERE.  Both are completely secure because it's handled through PayPal.

A donation of as little as $20 could help me go without putting a significant dent in my bank account so if you are able please consider donating.

Thank you all for your continued support and readership. I wouldn't be where I am today without the help of so many others and Cotton Mouth would be nothing without readers so thank you again.

- John Wesley Leek

No comments:

Post a Comment