Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Ole Miss reacts

The leadership at Ole Miss is not happy about the thought of the debate being cancelled. It would be a $5 million loss for Ole Miss.

ABC reports:

A senior University of Mississippi official reacted Wednesday to the news that Sen. John McCain R-Ariz., wants to postpone Friday's presidential debate, saying that such a move would be "devastating" for the university which has already invested millions in preparation for the debate.
Not to mention what Andrew Mullins, special assistant to Chancellor Khayat had to say...

"It's huge. You cannot just say that you're not going to do this thing," Mullins said. "I don't have any idea whether we do the debate" at a later date. "(We) probably wouldn't do it."

5 comments:

  1. Reasonably Prudent PersonSeptember 24, 2008 at 9:43 PM

    There will be a lot of losers in this if the debate doesn't take place.

    Ole Miss will be ok, they have cancellation insurance.

    Oxford as a town will lose.

    The students will lose.

    The Country will lose.

    McCain's credibility has taken a hit regardless.

    I just don't understand the McCain camp's thought process. I've almost quit trying to figure it out. I've read all the strategy theories. I believe McCain can (or could have) beat Obama straight up, both in the debate and in the election. These bonehead tactics are dragging him down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with most of what you said, but McCain is in a gunfight with a knife against Obama.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As much as I hope I'm wrong about this, I predict that McCain will still win this election.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, I realized the title of the post was misleading until now.

    I,Ole Miss, say "The possible debate cancellation SUCKS!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. This kind of financial bailout runs against the grain of most conservatives. Unless McCain pushes his congressional counterparts to some kind of compromise, the failure to stem this crisis could fall back directly on his shoulders (or at least the perception). Unfortunately for me, I do not have the economic background to say with any measure of certainty what should be done. I know that within my specific industry, the effects are being felt today. It is my opinion that they felt they couldn't accomplish both, debate prep and this financial package. I do agree with you RPP, I do believe skipping the debate will do more harm than good.

    ReplyDelete