Sunday, October 26, 2008

Esquire Endorses In Mississippi (And Everywhere Else)




I'll just copy and comment on one, but they're all thought out which you can check out on their site.

HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

District 3


Gregg Harper (R)

Joel Gill (D)

For his living, Joel Gill is a cattle trader, but his grasp of policy is the envy of many a representative. Gregg Harper's claim to the seat? Faith and family and faith and traditional values and faith and faith and faith. Lord, have mercy.
Esquire endorses: Gill

.......

Who would have thought a cattle trader from Mississippi would ever end up in Esquire?

While I don't like the tone they take towards faith they are spot on in noting that Mr. Gill is far more the policy wonk than Mr. Harper.

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I don't read Esquire, so I'm unaware of their politics, but it's great that a group from the outside recognizes that Harper is just another drone for the Republican party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. > I don't like the tone they take towards faith

    Not faith in general, I took it. Harper's faith. As in it's a major theme of his campaign, that it may be seen of men and all that.

    Party politics aside, you want someone knowledgable on the issues holding these offices. Frankly, if the Democrat running was like Harper, and the Republican was like Gill, then I'd vote for the Repub without hesitation, although I may have to remove my own pinky finger in penance. Tools like Harper make whatever party he belongs to look bad.

    ReplyDelete