Tuesday, July 15, 2008

DSCC Ads Tout Musgrove's Record Of Independence And Fiscal Responsibility as Governor

The ad features footage of Musgrove looking friendly and talks touts him breaking from his party and not raising taxes during his time as governor.

My first thought was that though it was well shot it wasn't a particularly effective ad, but then I compared it to the ads by Wicker and they aren't trying to be particularly persuasive. They're simply trying to introduce (or in this case reintroduce) the candidates to the public. They do a fine job at that.

It's 30 seconds long and is playing in Jackson and South Mississippi for sure and I suspect statewide. (Let us know in the comments.)

I expect to have the script of the ad soon and should have it up tomorrow.


(I realize some of y'all have an irrational hatred of Ronnie Musgrove, but please stick to criticizing the ad on this post. I think that would be more interesting all in all. )

5 comments:

  1. Like the ad or hate it? Effective or No? Let it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there a way you can find a link to the ad? I havent found one yet and I was way off on it being a 15 second AD. It just seemed short for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trouble coming Ronnies way. Run for the hills or get a lawyer. He broke the law during his 03 camp too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chuck, thats what you get for using yallpolitics for your info.

    ReplyDelete