Friday, July 18, 2008

Markos Moulitas and Harold Ford At Netroots Nation

I'll soon be seeing Harold Ford (A former conservative Democratic congressman from Tennessee) and Markos Moulitas (The nations top liberal blogger).

I agree more with Harold on issues of faith. He's a christian and pro-life.

I agree with Markos more on issues of protecting citizens from corporations and the government.

I'll let you know what I think.


Update 1: Pretty boring so far. Kos is reasonable and plays well to the crowd. Ford talks a lot, but like a good politician he isn't saying a whole lot.

Update 2: We can overlook simple disagreements on policy, but we're looking for Democrats to stand up and be proud to be Democrats - Kos

Update 3: Ford makes a good argument in favor of FISA saying the government officials that order spying should be accountable; not corporations doing the will of their American government.

Update 4: Ford warns against attacking Democrats who fit their districts like Democrats for strong gun rights in the South.

Update 5: Kos says of elected officials "they work for us."

Update 6: Ford makes the point that Centrist Democrats and Liberal Democrats agree on much: universal healthcare, education, new energy, etc.

Public Question Portion:

1. How do we get more diversity in the netroots? Technology democratizes activism and blogging is just one small part of that. - Kos

2. Personal attack on Harold Ford. I have great respect for my former colleagues (from FOX News) - Ford. "I fit my district" - Ford

3. Attack on Obama saying he's going to the right. "I want to see Barack Obama elected president." - Ford

4. FISA longwinded monologue.

5. I hate this guy he talks too long and doesn't ask a question.

My tip is that they should have an egg timer so questions don't exceed 1 minute. It's annoying when people I don't care about hog the time.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know that Ford was a woman hater. That's truly disturbing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ford is not as bad as he gets a rap for, but he is completely capable of taking positions I don't agree with.

    ReplyDelete