Monday, August 4, 2008

What Score Would You Give 'Em?

Full disclosure: State Farm is my home insurer. When two trees fell on my (last) house during Katrina, I was assessed within a month, I was able to pay for the tree removal and the new roof and I even ended up with a little money left over. I, personally, am a very happy customer of theirs.

But from what I understand, a lot of other people are not.

To Wit:

Mississippi's insurance commissioner says a long-awaited review of State Farm's handling of insurance claims after Hurricane Katrina is nearly complete.

Commissioner Mike Chaney said Aug. 1 that he plans to release the department's market-conduct exam of State Farm in late August or early September.

The Bloomington, Illinois-based insurer received a draft of the report in early July and gave the insurance department its formal response on July 28.

Chaney says he can't disclose the exam's conclusions yet. But he says it found "some good'' and "some bad'' in how State Farm handled policyholder claims after the August 2005 hurricane.


Of course, with the recent revelations about Trent's alleged coaching of witnesses, Mississippians just may have a better fall in store then most major networks' prime time line-ups. Pass the nachos, will ya? This is about to get good.

No comments:

Post a Comment