Monday, August 20, 2007

Republican Charlie Ross On MS-03

"Last week, Congressman Chip Pickering announced that he will not be running for re-election in 2008. This announcement was a total surprise. Since then, many have called and urged me to consider running for the position. Because so many have called, and because I do believe in public service, Sharon and I are considering running for the seat vacated by Chip. Because of your faithful support during the Lt. Governor campaign, Sharon and I would very much like to have your thoughts as to whether we should run for the congressional position. Please let us know your feelings and thoughts."

Several said that they couldn't see him running after such such a strenuous campaign. My response: A politician is a politician. This is his best opportunity for a promotion and if he is wise he will take it. I also want him to run because he has a habit of saying dumb things and he'd be fun to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment