Thursday, May 24, 2007

Act Blue Mississippi

I feel like I should preface this, so I will. I am absolutely committed to electing Democrats and am a staunch believer in our party. However, Cottonmouth is not officially affiliated with the Mississippi Democratic Party or any democratic candidate or campaign. I personally post a lot of things which they probably find distasteful. Like saying Franks' tax pledge is bad strategy and that you can't out Christian a Republican. I intend to keep saying those things. Part of learning, growing, and adapting to changing political circumstances is having a discussion about mistakes and recognizing them as such. Cottonmouth can't be a reputable thing with the influence we intend for it to have if we aren't able to be honest that way.

All of that is to say that we're not in any sense "bought and paid for".


However, Wendi Hooks asked me to post this. Wendi is a fantastic talent to have around and we're lucky to have her. She's also one of the best hostesses I've ever known. She knows how to make the chocolate fondue fountain run continuously without getting clogged. Like I said, she's a fantastic talent.

It has the added benefit of helping elect democratic majorities, which happens to be the thing that I am personally and professionally devoted to.

http://www.actblue.com/page/msdemocrats

This is the link that you click to give money to the MS Democratic Party. You can find the individual candidate links at http://www.actblue.com/

Give early and give often. Money matters in campaigns. We hate to admit it, but if you're getting outspent 3 to 1 (which happens more often than you'd think), you don't have a snowball's chance. So again, give early and give often. $25 dollars helps a lot.

* And for some reason I can't understand, I can't get the formats right for this post. My apologies.


2 comments:

  1. On "out Christian"ing us. I'd like to say that this has nothing to do with actual faith. Christian Democrats are just as committed to their faith as Christian Republicans. As Sojourers popular bumber sticker says, "God is not a Republican, or a Democrat."

    ReplyDelete
  2. my mom has that bumpersticker...haha.
    i see it on alot of cars at my church too... 8)

    ReplyDelete