Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Opening Lines

By Charlie Ross and his campaign staff

Edited, Commented on and Lampooned by M. Arnold

I have the video embedded in a previous post titled "Charlie Ross's Education Plan", so you can see it right here at Cottonmouth.

Some of my favorite lines from Charlie Ross’s announcement speech, and all of this is on the video of his announcement speech. I couldn’t make some of this up.

"...double first cousins, twice removed and so forth and so on. That's who we are."

"Miami might have the beaches, but they don't have our quality of life.
New York City might have the tall buildings, but they don't have our quality of life.
California may have the fruitcakes, but they don't have our quality of life."

"the tort reform fight is now called a model for other nations"

"It's time to test Roe v. Wade."

- I re-read the state constitution just to see if maybe the job profile for Lt. Gov had changed to include some language about circumventing the 5th Circuit after I saw this. And by the way Charlie, it’s being tested by bans that passed IN 2004. Odds don’t look so good now either.

"I got all my thrills flying jets." And " We have lit the after burners. "

There was a thread a couple of months ago on Mississippipolitics.com about “Danger Zone” by Kenny Loggins being his campaign theme song. If he puts on a flight suit… well, I’d probably just laugh and donate the inevitable direct mail piece to the Democratic Party. That just sounds crazy. And the bit about having double first cousins, I don’t think I’d brag about that.

The Workhorse is off to the Races.

2 comments:

  1. i, too loved the "double first cousins" line.

    And "fruitcakes"? WTF. I smell an Imus moment coming on for Mr. Ross...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope he keeps it up. It could make for some interesting, and entertaining audio and video clips!

    ReplyDelete