Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Big Day! Voting For President (Primary) In Mississippi

I voted in a trailer as I have in every election since Hurricane Katrina.

We voted on touch-screen machines manufactured by Diebold.  I had some difficulty because the screen wasn't very sensitive and I had to poke at it about a dozen times to move onto the next page.  The person who came to assist said that it had been acting up all day.

At 1 when I voted in my overwelmingly Republican precinct 264 folks had voted in the Democratic Primary and 181 folks had voted in the Republican Primary. 

That stands in strong contrast to 2007 state primaries when by the end of the day 802 folks had voted in the competitive Republican primary for Lt. Governor while 153 voted for Jamie Franks in the Democratic Primary.

I wonder if these patterns will be the same statewide.

Please leave you voting experience in the comments:

7 comments:

  1. PS. I voted for Obama.

    Y'all don't have to say who you voted for, but please leave your observations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will Bardwell says voting is up where he is:

    Huge Turnout

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael said that his polling place had more machines for Republicans than Democrats which I find odd.

    My place (with computer machines) could be used for either ballot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also the ballot had folks who'd dropped out MONTH's ago. I asked why and she said that it was too late to change the ballot. Too late to change an electronic ballot?

    ReplyDelete
  5. As of 6:35 here are the vote totals at my overwhelmingly Republican precinct.

    Democratic ballots pulled: 656
    Republican ballots pulled: 250

    It would usually be about the opposite. Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My wife and I voted at mid-morning in our predominently Republican precinct in Jackson County. There were several people sigining in to vote on the Democratic ballot but none on the Republican side. Like you John, we voted for Obama.

    ReplyDelete
  7. At one of Tupelo's biggest Republican boxes at 5 there was nothing short of a swarm around the Dem table and I was there 20 minutes and only saw 3 approach the Republican table.

    Hillary got my vote.

    ReplyDelete