Thursday, August 16, 2007

The Important Part Of The Pickering Release

Although I will not seek re-election to the next Congress, I will always remain involved in community and political life. After eighteen years in public service, starting in 1989 in the first Bush Administration, then on Senator Lott's staff, and most recently as a Member of the House, it is time for me to gain new experiences in the private arena. I believe these experiences will prepare me to be a better leader in the future. I continue to view public service as a noble calling. I am not saying a final farewell, but hopefully, simply taking a leave of absence.

I have a window of opportunity to maximize my time, influence and participation in the lives of my five sons now ages 8 to 17. Time is the one element I can never recover or regain. Being a father is one of life's greatest callings.


"the private arena" = lobbying

"I have a window ... callings" = the cliche "spend more time with my family"

How much more family time will he have while he's racking up the big bucks on K Street?

No comments:

Post a Comment