Sunday, August 12, 2007

Interesting Letter to the Editior in The Sun Herald 8/11/2007

Voting Machine Seemed To Have A Mind Of Its Own

The voting process for the party primaries has raised questions for both me and my wife.

We signed in, and were mistakenly given a card to operate a voting machine for the Democratic primary.

I am a Republican, but would like to vote independent, but saw no way to do so, since the only choices were either Democrat or Republican.

When I got to the machine for the Republican primary, I made my votes, but as the printout of my vote was printing, I saw that it did not contain the votes I had made, but it recorded votes cast for the very people I had voted against.

I questioned the lady who was helping folks use the machines and she just threw her hands up in frustration, because she didn't know what was happening.

I don't know who to contact about this, nor can I believe that my votes were recorded accurately by the machine and in accordance with my votes. But, that's what it looked like to both me and my wife. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

- C.M. Knowles, Pearlington

------

If you know anyone who would like to contact Mr. Knowles I have his e-mail, but won't post it on the site, because I don't want him to get spammed.

3 comments:

  1. If you go to the Secretary of State's web site, there is a form you can fill out to file a complaint about your voting rights being violated. He should definitely fill one out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of shenanigans going on in Wilkinson County. I understand that 400 absentee ballots were brought in at the last minute.

    http://www.natchezdemocrat.com/news/2007/aug/11/wilkinson-county-situation-worsens/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Advice Casey Ann, do you have a link?

    ReplyDelete