Friday, August 17, 2007

Pickering Quitting As A Distraction?

One thought that came to me after it came out that Pickering was quitting Congress was "wow, two big stories in one day."

Usually we only get one in a month if we're lucky.

So I thought about it and asked myself if the two were possibly related. When Pickering could let it slip any day of the year, why did he pick August 16th, 2007 to do so?

I wonder if Republicans wanted to bury the Bloomberg story on Barbour and Katrina contracts. It was looked at nationally as a story that could damage Barbour and as quickly as you can say "so, is Rosmary Barbour going to go to prison?" a huge story, the Pickering announcement, drops out of the clouds and takes up all the political time that was left during this most busy of election seasons.

I'm just wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment