Friday, October 12, 2007

Republicans In Graveyard Using Death As A Tactic



I guess the ad is made to stand out with the odd man standing in the cemetery. It probably doesn't matter that the man probably has never set foot in Mississippi, but he doesn't sound like he's from anywhere in Mississippi I've been.

The ad also makes several claims that can't really be backed up with facts.

Example:
The claim: "(The estate tax) has caused family farms to be sold."
The truth: No right wing group has ever shown where a family lost their farm to the tax.

I'm sure the Franks campaign will issue a more detailed response soon.

The video of Franks is from a Meridian Star interview. I wonder if they got permission to use it.

Notice how he smirks at the end and then walks over the graves. Pure class.

The group paying for the ad is called the Republican State Leadership Committee.

3 comments:

  1. Weepy Leek... Why have you neglected the Beef plant 7 ad? Why is your argument against this ad about the actor? Whatever will you do with so many of your heroes being attacked from so many angles? I've changed my tab on firefox to Will Bardwell. If I'm going to read a liberal blog, I would at least like to read one from someone with original thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A media person told me that a buy at $440,000 over 10 days means that the average TV viewer will see the ad at least 6 times.

    That's big.

    Mr. Covington,

    I don't have to post every ad and no blog has.

    Will Bardwell has an excellent blog and I too read it often. He has quite good wit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. J. Davis Covington,
    The Beef Plant 7 ad is so stupid it's funny. Those folks in North Mississippi won't take too kindly to the GOP disrespecting their representatives like that. Why was Tommy Reynolds included in it? He doesn't have an opponent! And Jamie Franks "for re-election" ??? Duh, he's running for another office I THINK. The Repubs are desperate and it's showing all over the airwaves.

    ReplyDelete