Monday, January 28, 2008

Travis Childers For Congress Announcement Goes Well

Friends in North Mississippi sent these along. I do hope you enjoy them.
Photobucket
The announcement had to be delayed due to the large turnout. The estimate of attendance was close to 300 based on those that signed in.
Photobucket
He looks good and I've never seen a candidate with a sign that didn't follow the standard rectangle. I'm curious if they'll find a way to do their yard signs that way (or if they'll have yard signs).
PhotobucketThat looks like a good group of people. As many people as are on that stage this is one of the few instances I think they may have been put up there partially due to how crowded it was. "North Mississippi Loves Travis Childers" "Teachers Back Travis"

If any of y'all were at the event or saw it on TV please feel free to comment on it below.

5 comments:

  1. I'd like to thank the Travis Childers campaign for reserving the top space.

    Additional space is available along the side for any candidate or business which would like to advertise here.

    I guarantee the price is worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. + I'm impressed with his organization. He's doing better than some Senate candidates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is very noteworthy to mention the fact that in the very county where voters know him best, Travis Childers was elected to a fifth consecutive term of office.....I think this speaks volumes about his character, integrity and his leadership abilities. The voters in the other 22 counties should take note of this fact and stack it up against the political records of the other candidates involved in this race. Do any of them have the bragging rights of 5 straight terms of office by the very county that knows them best??

    ReplyDelete
  4. "removed by the author" means that steve removed it, not I. FYI.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not trying to diminish Travis Childers accomplishments in any way, but the question was posed about the other candidates bragging rights and I do believe that Steve Holland can claim those - unless my memory fails he was first elected to the House in 1983 and has been sent back every election sent - I think that trumps 5. There is an enormous difference in local and State issues and the accountability that both entail. I don't doubt that Travis is a fine gentleman and very good at his job but I don't believe that he has the scope of experience or breadth of knowledge that we need heading to Washington for our State right now. Steve Holland is the better choice for this position - let Travis get his feet wet in State wide politics first.

    ReplyDelete