Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Famous McCain quotations

Here are some golden John McCain quotes. If he could keep his mouth shut he might have a chance of getting elected.

"I’m always for less regulation" – to The Wall Street Journal, March 2008

Remember John McCain's economic advisor Phil Gramm led the charge to deregulate the very financial instruments that first caused the housing crisis and now is bringing Wall Street to its knees.

"And I promise you, we will never put America in this position again." – campaign speech, September 15, 2008

At least he is admitting that it was his cohorts who were in power and whose policies lead to this meltdown.

"The fundamentals of our economy are strong." – campaign speech, September 15, 2008

Say what?

"The issue of economics is not something I’ve understood as well as I should." –to the Boston Globe, December 2007

Ah, the old Straight Talk Express.

"I'm going to be honest: I know a lot less about economics than I do about military and foreign policy issues. I still need to be educated." – to the Wall Street Journal, 2005

More straight talk

"There’s been great progress economically over that period of time (since Bush took office)." – campaign speech, April 17th, 2008

He must be referring to some of those houses he bought. Good times I tell ya.

Women need "better education and training" - said in April 2008 in opposition to a Senate bill that would have secured equal pay for women.

Right, women at this point don't deserve equal pay because they are not as well educated or trained as well as men...

"Bomb, Bomb Iran." – campaign speech, April 19, 2007

Your next Commander-In-Chief making a joke. Real funny.

Hat Tip to Daily Kos blogger StrangeAnimals

No comments:

Post a Comment