Friday, September 19, 2008

Offensive Poll

Does anyone else see something awful about the poll at WJTV.com?

http://www.wjtv.com/gulfcoastwest/jtv/home.html

Which statement best describes your vote for President?

-I’m voting for the John McCain-Sarah Palin ticket because of Palin
-I’m voting against the John McCain-Sarah Palin ticket because of Palin
-I’m voting for the John McCain-Sarah Palin ticket because of their positions on issues
-I’m voting against the John McCain-Sarah Palin ticket because of their positions on
issues
-I’m voting for the John McCain-Sarah Palin ticket because they are Republicans
-I’m voting against the John McCain-Sarah Palin ticket because they are Republicans

Which statement best describes your vote for President?

-I’m voting for Barack Obama because he is black
-I’m voting against Barack Obama because he is black
-I’m voting for Barack Obama because of his position on issues
-I’m voting against Barack Obama because of his position on issues
-I’m voting for Barack Obama because he is a Democrat
-I’m voting against Barack Obama because he is a Democrat

2 comments:

  1. Is it insulting when Obama injects race into the campaign?

    "So what they're going to try to do is make you scared of me. You know, 'he's not patriotic enough, he's got a funny name, he doesn't look like all those other presidents on those dollar bills." - Sen. Obama

    Not a very "post-racial" strategy, wouldn't you say?

    Now, in order to milk any remaining sympathy from a prediction which has yet to be realized, his campaign is resorting to ridiculous charges that Republicans are using "code words" like "community organizer" to communicate "black."

    Give me a break. Ya'll need to stop this crap. It just plays to the worst sterotypes of liberals as being - as one commentator put it - "preachy know-it-alls hiding their political motives behind a veneer of objectivity and respectability."

    ReplyDelete