Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Why I Disagree With The Red/Blue Blog

I want to first thank Jere Nash for linking here as a website to go to for political news. We appreciate the recognition. This was especially good of him seeing as it came after I posted this attack on the Red/Blue blog.

The Clarion Ledger's idea of a source where you could get the Republican (Red) and Democratic (blue) positions on an issue is a good one. The execution is bad.

As I said before Andy Taggart does an excellent job. His posts promote Republicans or attack Democrats and are written in a way that is easily readable and are clear in their partisanship.

Jere Nash draws from a strong grasp of state politics and history and is a Democrat, but he does not argue the Democratic postion well or even consistently.

When Jere Nash posts an issue post often Andy Taggart will step in with a rebuttal. When Andy Taggart posts a clear attack on Democrats often Jere Nash will step in to add details, but fail to defend Democrats.

Jere Nash is clearly very bright and very articulate. His analysis in his own seperate space would be a valuable addition to the political discourse. Unfortunately in his current position he makes poor use of his position for Democrats in this most critical of election years.

1 comment:

  1. Funny thing is I don't care for either one of them. taggart I don't care for after what he pulled in the race for Supervisor in madison county. Nash, well, I made that clear last week although I do agree with what you said about him. I also don't like the whole red/blue thing in the CL. It is simplistic and assumes each side thinks the ssame way on everything.

    ReplyDelete