Thursday, July 19, 2007

Ross' Official Response to "Sorry Charlie"

"Instead of talking about his role in the Partnership, my opponent is now launching a misleading negative attack to divert attention from the issue. He claims that I am not an ally of Gov. Barbour because my law firm is suing the governor. The truth is, I do not represent anyone who is in litigation with the State -- especially Gov. Barbour. A couple of attorneys in my law firm, which is one of the largest in the state, represent clients who are in litigation with the Department of Medicaid, and the governor is named as a defendant in his official capacity. The ad is very flimsy and very misleading."

I thought that the Bryant ad was sorely lacking in context, but they have it in high rotation. We shall see what effect it has. In the last half hour I've seen it twice on WLOX with one of Ross' "Jessica's Law" ads. I hope whoever ends up losing the primary will leak his polling numbers to someone so we can see how the ads actually shifted public opinion during the course of the campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment