Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Cochran To Run Again / And Likely Win

The Hill:
Sen. Thad Cochran (R-Miss.) said Wednesday that he will seek reelection in 2008, casting aside rumors of his impending retirement.

Cochran, who will turn 70 next month, has not raised a lot of money this cycle but had previously said he planned to run for reelection.

“While I delayed making this decision until after our state and local government elections were over, there is no reason to delay any longer,” Cochran said in a statement. “I have enjoyed serving in the Senate, and I am highly honored to have had the support and encouragement to continue this service from friends throughout the state.”
Hat Tip: Swing State Project

I really thought we could take this seat. Well, now I'm going to have to find something else to obsess about. Cool.

8 comments:

  1. Yeah, I really thought we had a chance at this one. Cochran is too nice of a fellow to defeat in Mississippi. Here's to his next 6 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup. Democratic hopes are pretty much out the window with him still in the race. The way he went about announcing remains strange though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to see someone ask Thad whether he'll promise to serve his entire term.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good point bardwell. I doubt he'll serve his full term. I really think he wants to retire, but the Republicans are hurting so bad (in Washington) that he's staying as a favor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd say that he's staying for Mississippi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. John, John.......I have achieved web access. The world is mine! How about my presidential candidate now. Everyday he grows stronger and stronger. We will not be silenced. It may take me some time to figure out this whole blogging thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Nick!

    Your candidate would be quite a joy to watch run. Unfortunately it looks as though we'll get the New York Failure, The Boston Massacre, or The Second President Born in a Place Called Hope.

    You'll catch on pretty quick.

    ReplyDelete