Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Early Polling Numbers On Potential Candidates For Open Senate Race

I've been scooped by Will Bardwell again.

He found the Zata3 numbers posted by by Markos Moulitas on Daily Kos.

The data is not head to head, but on whether folks like the folks or have even heard of them. Here is is:

Opinion Wicker(R) Moore(D) Graves(R) Musgrove(D)
Very Favorable 21% 25% 4% 17%
Somewhat Favorable 18% 23% 12% 22%
Somewhat Unfavorable 7% 16% 12% 20%
Very Unfavorable 6% 18% 7% 26%
Not Enough Info 48% 19% 65% 15%


This data comes with this caveat:
Please note that this is a preliminary report. These figures have not been weighted for age, race, or gender. Additionally, the partial surveys are included here. These raw numbers overstate the opinions of women (62% of respondents) and under represent the opinions of African American voters (14%). Additionally, the survey results understate the opinions of voters under age 50 (18%).


I don't think the gender gap is that big. I do know that there is a huge gap in voting based on age (Kerry actually won younger voters in Mississippi in 2004) and in party support by race so I think these numbers will move in Democrat's direction more.

Information on Graves can be found HERE on his website. Wicker is the 1st district Republican Congressman. Y'all know Musgrove and Moore.

Markos Moulitas also states that he has commissioned a poll which should be out in a few weeks. This could get even more interesting.

4 comments:

  1. This was not the time for my computer to break.

    Everything you've seen from me these past few days has been from a Southern Miss computer lab.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was Salter's baby before it was mine, so I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a Mac. It is not working and that is sad.

    I saw yours so I linked there. :)

    + if I had seen it on Salter's he doesn't have the courtesy to link to anyone when he borrows from their content.

    ReplyDelete