Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Google Hot Trends / Trent Lott Gay Affair?

Google keeps track of newly popular searches excluding longtime popular terms such as "weather" and inappropriate content.

Yesterday two Mississippi topics were in the top 50 for searches in all of English speaking googledom.

27. Trent Lott Gay

32. Jeff Bower

I would understand why the firing/"mutual agreement" of longtime Southern Miss Coach Jeff Bower would be newsworthy. He was the 4th longest currently serving coach after all.

What I was curious about and what you've probably already clicked on is the search term Trent Lott Gay.

Apparently political website Big Head DC and Larry Flynt Both state that they have reason to believe that Lott's resignation might be for reasons other than those "other opportunities" he spoke of.

I doubt the claims are true so I don't anticipate writing further on the subject, but it is of interest so I thought I'd pass it along.

2 comments:

  1. Here's what one article says about the possibility that there is/was a scandal brewing.

    http://pageoneq.com/news/2007/Rent_boy_on_sex_with_outgoing_Republican_Senator_Trent_Lott_No_com_1126.html

    ReplyDelete