Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Bowing Out

A very good thing has happened. I've accepted a position with a Presidential campaign. However, it's important for the campaign that the things that have my name on them reflect the goals of the campaign. That's not what Cotton Mouth was meant to do. I'm choosing to fight the fight rather than comment on it.

Cotton Mouth has been established as the national source for information about Mississippi Politics. We're the site other sites are linking to. Just short of five thousand people have visited and we've got a growing and apparently loyal community. Our friends in the blogosphere are very impressed. I believe that this is going to be the place to be for a long time. Properly managed it'll change the shape of both governing and campaigning. That's a good thing to be a part of and I'm glad I could help John get it off the ground.

So I leave the site and the community in the immensely capable hands of John Leek, who's going to be doing this solo for a while. I'll be commenting and occasionally forcing my taste in music and humor on ya'll through the Saturday Afternoon Music and the Sunday Funnies. I'm not going home, I just can't stay here. And as always, if anybody needs political help, be it a campaign or somebody looking to break into the business, I'm always available at matthewcarnold@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. It's been great having you. The best of luck to you in your new job. Your contribution has been invaluable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which campaign? We need to know which candidate was smart enough to hire you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope you have fun at your new job! it's a good one ;)

    ReplyDelete