Thursday, May 29, 2008

Huge new polls out from Rasmussen

Two new polls related to Mississippi came out today from the polling firm Rasmussen. Rasmussen has rated very high in accuracy this cycle, placing in the top 5 of 31 polling outfits. They ran two polls of interest, one on the Senate race and one on the Presidential race. Both polls are shocking.

For the Mississippi Senate seat vacated by Trent Lott, the special election matchup is former Governor Ronnie Musgrove against Roger Wicker who vacated the Congressional seat now help by our beloved Travis Childers.

MoE 4%
Roger Wicker 46%
Ronnie Musgrove 47%

These numbers lie within the 4 percent margin of error, so it is a statistical dead heat. Kos over at the Daily Kos moved this race into his top 5 for the cycle. Kos can raise lots of cash if he highlights this race on his website. He raised over $20,000 for Scott Kleeb in Nebraska in less than a week about three weeks ago. I don't know if he will do that kind of thing here, but I sure hope so.

Edit: I misread the poll, Musgrove is in the lead 47-46, not behind.
Here are links to the polls SEN PRES

Now the other big news. For all you members of the Obamanation, the new poll says Mississippi is in play. You can read an excellent article on how Obama can carry Mississippi here. Now here is the good stuff.

MoE 4%
John McCain 50%
Barack Obama 44%

To quote Kos:

As DavidNYC has pointed out, if Obama can get African Americans to 40 percent of the voter pool in the state, he actually has a chance of winning the state. This poll seems to confirm that, giving us a competitive race with a 36 percent black sample. (Blacks made up 34 percent of the 2004 statewide vote.) Unfortunately, we don't have numbers for white voters. As David points out, with a 40-percent black share of the Mississippi electorate, Obama would need at least 20 percent of the white vote to win the state. Kerry got 14 percent of the Mississippi white vote in 2004.


Yes We Can!!

7 comments:

  1. It is absolutely amazing what Barack Obama has been able to do while up against the Clinton “machine”. The excitement is definitely building up for him! Check out this picture to bring along to the convention or to have at home if you’re not able to attend.

    http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_npmv=3&_trksid=m38&_nkw=the+audacity+of+hope&_sacat=550

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the Senate poll had Musgrove up 47-46. At least that's what the Rasmussen site says.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got it off Kos, maybe he made a mistake let me check if so, I will correct the poll. Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry I have a friend who points out every typo and spelling mistake I make daily. Another one of my Republican buddies is running fact check on me, and told me tonight he is gonna get me sooner of later if I keep picking on the Straight Talk Express. Good Luck to him, picking on McBush is like shooting fish in a barrel.

    You can correct me anytime, I need someone looking out for me before these goofballs get a hold of it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This little OWL will vote for Musgrove and Obama because I almost never vote for Republicans, but I will not send these guys any of my money unless they cut out the religious crap and support reproductive choice. Until then my money goes to Emily's List, The Feminist Majority, Planned Parenthood, and occasionally to the local ACLU. Oh, and Obama needs to promise to appoint females to the SCOTUS until there are at least four of them there, five would be better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello little OWL, ;)

    We're glad to have you and please do keep coming back!

    Did you see where EMILY's list is getting involved in the Memphis primary between the incumbent male with a 100% vote on your issues and a more conservative female?

    We need a good feminist around here. I suspect they're in the minority among our readership.

    ReplyDelete