Friday, May 9, 2008

MS-01 Dick Cheney to campaign in "South Memphis"

On the Paul Gallo show today the Vice President gave an interview concerning the MS-01 congressional race. He spends half of the interview praising the Bush tax cuts and calling for more tax cuts. He must not have read the news that the Bush, Cheney economic policy has been an abysmal failure. According to George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, and Greg Davis, that's just what this country needs more of. Never mind the deficit soaring out of control that have to be paid off by our children. Our debt now closes in on $10,000,000,000,000, or more than $30,000 per American citizen.
THE VICE PRESIDENT: Well, there are. The way I like to explain it, Paul, is to talk about the '03 tax cut. You may remember the President and I inherited a recession, the front end of a recession, and then after 9/11, we lost a million jobs. And what turned the economy around and got us started on a 52-month expansion was the tax package that we passed in the Spring of '03. And that tax package passed the Senate by one vote -- happened to be my vote; I had to cast the tie-breaking vote that time as Vice President. But I don't deserve any great credit for it. I knew what I was supposed to do that day; it wasn't like I had options when I went up there.
This one is real good...

Q: Monday you are going to be here -- on Monday -- in the state of Mississippi, and Greg Davis will be there, and you'll be in Senatobia, Hernando, and that area?

THE VICE PRESIDENT: Yes, I think we are going to be. I'm not sure exactly. It's going to be someplace in the First District. I'm not sure exactly what part of it. South Memphis or --

Q: Don't worry about it.

THE VICE PRESIDENT: Southaven, in Southaven.
I wonder if anyone can give him directions from the Death Star to South Memphis?

6 comments:

  1. South Memphis is right. How is someone who's in an area almost entirely dependent on Tennessee supposed to represent the interests of Mississippi as a whole and his district specifically?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure Gallow will be quick to publish this on Yall. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good point. Such a slip up is obviously good material. Somehow I doubt this will happen. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I'm thoroughly impressed with Gallo's ability to set Cheney up for complete failure. Did he not get a list of questions beforehand?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's gotten to the point where Republicans have gotten so much rope they are indeed hanging themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please tell me someone can find an audio clip of this.

    ReplyDelete